Japan-tastic!

Thursday, August 31, 2006

I ditched.

Yep, I decided to stay home and continue to rest rather than get up early and drag myself to the school assembly today. I really, really wanted to be there, but I still don't feel that well. I didn't really want to be hacking up a lung during the ceremony or my intro speech either. Plus, well, the doctor wrote a note to get me out of work for 5 days so I could recup and if the Dr. recommends I rest for 5 days... maybe I should actually rest for 5 days! *lol* The weather cooled today too and it's a nice, balmy, rainy Door County day! Great for a nice day resting inside, but not very nice if I was walking in the rain to school!

So I think I did the right thing. I've been trying to cram so much in because I'm worried that once school begins I'll have to no time for myself. (And I confess I really want that Blythe doll I saw in Osaka and you just know she's going to sell out soon! *lol*) I just have to keep telling myself I have a year and that I don't *have* to do everything in the first month! And Steve and I will likely stay for a second year anyway. It seems like it would be a wise decision to stay because I'll have all of my lesson plans already finished by then and know the best times to ask off for vacation time, etc. etc.

Anyway, I need to eat breakfast and get to my anime-marathon to help speed the healing process! (Hope Steve doesn't want to actually use his computer any time today! *L*)



I will leave you with a parting pic of my soy sauce dispenser, which looks strangely like a dalek! (Those of you who don't know the reference, ask your nearest sci-fi buddy or geek on the street.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home