Japan-tastic!

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Well, I'm finally in Japan! Actually, I've been here for a few days, but now I've reached my little apartment and started to settle in. I use the term "settle" loosely because I feel decidedly UNsettled. I have pretty severe jet lag and haven't been able to eat very well since I arrived. I almost passed out at dinner last night. And without Steve here my loneliness is much worse than it normally would be. It's not just being in a different culture, its starting a new job that I'm not sure I'm really going to enjoy and suddenly being dropped in a place where I don't no a soul for several time zones over.
Being in Tokyo for the orientation was fun, though! I have pictures from some of the shopping districts I was able to get to and I'll post those soon. (I saw my first Gothic Lolita store and actually jumped up and down!) There's so much that's happened in so short a time it will take several posts before I'm caught up, but I should have some free time over the weekend, so that will work out well. I mainly wish I had more time to recuperate after the 14 hr plane ride before they started in with these long orientations that last few days, though. Its almost impossible to be excited about being here when I'm so fatigued. It doesn't help that the one window in my apt is fogged glass so I can't see out unless I open it and, well, its hotter than hell here, so that's not really practical.
Anyway, it will be really nice when I get to know my way around and can visit a few places to sight see. I know I'll feel better soon, I just need to catch my breath and get to know the place. I do love the idea that I'm in Japan! (It would be nicer if I didn't have to worry about work though! *L*)
Ja ne! (later!)
Erin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home